Monday, January 5, 2009

"Christmas Letter"

Sorry it's been awhile... I will start with a review of our lives in 2008.
This year we started out in Austin, TX. After getting married in March of 07 we moved down to Texas for a little over a year. We realized that even though Austin is a really neat city, it just wasn't becoming home. We were really far from family and friends, so we started thinking and praying about what the next step in our lives might be.

Neither Trent nor I, ever wanted to move to Vegas, (in fact, I recall our first trip here back in fall of 06 for him to meet my dad and Angie, he took one look at the landscape and said, "Just so you know, we will never live here!" (Luckily, we've discovered Mt. Charleston)) but we didn't really want to move back to Northern Utah either and Vegas kept coming to our minds. So, we decided we were headed for Vegas!

We got here in May of this year; while I found a job pretty quickly with a law firm, Trent didn't have the same luck. Since we moved here with the idea of getting into a house ASAP, the mortgage company put some restrictions on us. Trent was limited to getting a job in the construction industry or driving (he drove a school bus for 2 years before we were married). Because of the housing market here, the builders were laying off... not hiring! But after about 2 1/2 months of searching, Trent got a job driving for a construction company and we were able to start looking for a house!

In the middle of September, we found a house in NW Las Vegas and we moved in the middle of October.

Trent and I have no doubt that the path we have taken was and IS the right one for us right now! Everything has worked out perfectly for us, even with the bumps along the way, things ended up being better than they were before! We have been so blessed this year, and we are always thinking, "Heavenly Father REALLY really loves us!"

We are happy to be living near my Dad and Angie and my 3 little brothers, and my sister Tara and glad for the time we get to spend with them.
2009 is gonna be a BIG year for us, and definetly a VERY exciting one!

2 people gave their 2 cents:

Angela said...

Well, hello!!! Thanks for leaving a comment... I looove comments! :)

The orchard is on the grounds of the Utah State Mental Hospital (I know, of all places!) in Provo. It's just inside the main entrance - a great little spot!

The Sayamas said...

Hey! I'm glad you found me on facebook! :) Congrats on getting married, buying a house, and getting a job so quickly in Vegas! Sounds like you guys are where you're supposed to be! I really like the wedding picture on your sidebar, you look gorgeous!