Tuesday, December 2, 2008


This is what Channel 2 News had on their website about Elder Wirthlin:
"Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin, the oldest apostle for the LDS Church, died at his Salt Lake City home late Monday night. He was 91.
Elder Wirthlin passed away at about 11:30 p.m. of causes incident to age, according the the church Web site.
He was ordained an Apostle of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on October 9, 1986 and was sustained and set apart as an Assistant to the Council of the Twelve Apostles on April 4, 1975. He served in that capacity until he was called to the First Quorum of the Seventy in April 1976. He was set apart in the Presidency of the First Quorum of the Seventy August 28, 1986, where he was serving when called to be an Apostle.
Wirthlin was proceeded in death by his wife, Elisa Young Rogers who died in 2006."
He will missed, but I'm so happy that he has been reunited with his eternal companion.

1 people gave their 2 cents:

Sheena said...

My husband just told me about Elder Wirthlin...I am super sad because he always seemed to give a talk just for me! I am also happy he can have that reunion with his wife as well!