Monday, August 11, 2008

Our weekend

Well, this weekend was pretty eventful, although I didn't get any pictures - sorry! Last week was Trents first week at his new job! He seems to like it, but is still very anxious to do his own thing. I am really excited cause this means that we get to start house hunting now!
So this weekend was busy busy. My Mom, Jason, Alisa, Crystal, and Grandma Nancie came into town late Friday night and since Trent worked on Saturday I went and met up with them for the day! We went shopping at fashion show mall and I was most excited cause the fashion show that day was Betsy Johnson!! Although I will probably never have the oppurtunity to where a dress from there, I was still glad I caught the show! Afterwards, I had to hurry back because August 9th was Coopers first birthday (my youngest brother, Happy Birthday!) and I had to help Angie get ready for a barbeque, which unfortunately, since I had a baptism to go to at 5, I pretty much completely missed it!
The baptism was for a woman at my work and her daughter, I was so glad I got to witness it.
After the baptisms Trent and I met up with my mom and Alisa and ate out at Claim Jumper, of course it was yummy!
We got home late and I remembered I have the lesson in Young Women's tomorrow (by the way, I am the secretary in Young Women's, very demanding job!)
When I started to look over my lesson, I realized that this was a lesson that I should have starting thinking about 2 weeks ago. The lesson was on a Change of Heart. I truly believe that it is the most important lesson in the handbook and I just prayed that I would be able to help them understand. The good thing is that they are leaving for girls camp on Tuesday and so it was the perfect week to be giving this lesson. I told them that this week Heavenly Father will be planting a seed in their hearts, that they will have the opportunity to come back a different person. They will have a strong spirit with them when they get home and to strive to keep it, because if they do their whole lives can change. A change of heart affects a person's desires, thoughts, actions, just absolutely everything in your life. We talked about the Change of Heart King Benjamins people had(Mosiah Ch. 4 I think, its a short book, you'll figure it out), and the Change of Heart that Alma the younger had (Alma 36). Needless to say, I guess it went okay? I hope this is something that everyone reading this blog can keep in mind also. We love you guys!

1 people gave their 2 cents:

Eric and Natalie said...

you lucky duck.....YW secretary!! I am Primary Secretary!....sounds like you guys are having fun! good to see you~