Friday, October 16, 2009

But today, today is date night.

Today I'm going to get ready. Usually I like to strut around in one of Trent's t-shirts and perhaps some basketball shorts or other cozy bottoms all day. Since retiring, I usually don't wear make-up since I am mostly at home anyway. and I usually walk around with a rat's nest on my head. but not today. Cause today is date night.
Tonight we will go out on the town and I will dress to the nines and wear actual make-up (not just foundation and mascara like usual, if you're lucky I mean). Mostly cause I like seeing Trent's face when I come out of our room after *literally* locking myself in there to surprise him with how well I clean up. It's like him seeing me in my wedding dress for the first time on our wedding day, or at least what I would imagine it like since I didn't make him wait to see me in it. In fact, I invited to take my bridal pictures with me.
Tonight, I will wear my new kelly green shirt that I stole from my mom this last weekend when I saw her in Utah and made her give it to me and she said okay and now it's my favorite shirt i own, thanks mom. I will also wear my kelly green Steve Madden pointy toe pumps that I never get to wear cause really, what else matches them? and I will wear my new jeans that I (had to) buy for the winter cause no other pants fit except for maternity ones since my weight loss has haulted at 28 lbs. (Yes, i gained 45 lbs cause i really packed it on the last month) I love them!
Ila is joining me. She, too, wants to get dressed up cute for daddy. She is sick of her pajamas. She remembers her first few weeks of life when she wore pretty dresses and bows everyday.
And who do we have to thank for all this? His name is Dave, he feels he is in eternal debt to Trent since Trent offered him a job after being on umemployment for months. We are going out to eat to Green Valley Ranch for free tonight. Then perhaps a movie. I love date night.

1 people gave their 2 cents:

Lexie@BookBug said...

Good for you guys!! Hey and don't feel bad about the weight. I gained 50 lbs when I was pregnant, lost 30 lbs and then gained 20 back. You're looking good!!