Friday, November 14, 2008

Tuesday

Thanks to Veterans Day and the courts being closed, Tuesday was a good day. Tuesday I did everything I wanted to do, and nothing I was (really) supposed to do. I woke up and made cookies (See post below) then waited for my visiting teachers to come at 10. I put a plate of cookies together for the neighbors. At 10:45, I decided they weren't coming and left for the gym. I brought the cookies with me to give to the neighbors but chickened out. At 10:51 the Visiting Teachers called and asked where I was. After the gym, I decided I wanted to go to the movie, all by myself for the first time ever, but there were no show times near or movies I wanted to see. So I went to Joanne's and looked for fabric for all the things I am gonna sew for our new house. I went to Costco, bought really good Organic Salsa, among other things, and got out spending less than a hundred bucks (what a great day). Went to Jamba Juice and tried a new Organic Smoothie, my banana soymilk one is better, but at least I didn't have to make it. Then I went home, caught up on Lipstick Jungle at nbc.com, talked to my cousin Ashlyn on the phone and anticipated Trent coming home and picked up the plate of cookies a couple times to take to the neighbors, but thought better of it. For dinner, I made the best Chicken Cordon Bleu I have ever had (to brag) and red mashed potatoes, while waiting for Trent, I was gonna take the cookies over. When Trent got home, we ate(and I believe this chicken is gonna be a weekly meal), then left to look for a new TV (but not before Trent took the cookies over to the neighbors, can you tell how bad I hate small talk?). Oh man, it was such a good day, I wish I had every Tuesday off.

2 people gave their 2 cents:

Megan said...

I am the same way about taking things to neighbors! That's why it is good when you have a husband because then you are doing something nice without having to endure that torturous small talk, you are also making your husband feel like he is doing nice and he gets off easy with a "the Mrs. told me to bring these over, SEE YA" Wait until you've got kids, then there is no limit to the amount of fresh baked goods you can send around the neighborhood!

Ash, Joe, Mia, Michael Beau, Gianna, Jag, Zeus and Pearl said...

I have never known you to be that way towards small talk. I remember you taking me to bountiful to go see a house I wanted to see and you straight up asked the woman if we could go into her messy house and look at the floor plan.It was one of the only times I think I have ever been embarassed !! But you walked right in.