Thursday, April 2, 2009

Proof I am my mothers daughter...

Trent and I have thought a lot about getting started on our food storage and we finally did it!
We decided the Smiths Caselot sale was the perfect way to start.
My problem is that sometimes I look at the grocery store coupons to feel all domestic or something but really I have no idea what I am doing cause I don't know what a good price on chicken is... until yesterday that is!!
Oh yeah baby, I found this website, Grocery Smarts. **The link takes you to the homepage and asks for a passport code, which you can only get by knowing someone that already has it, lucky for you, if you live in Utah, you will see a red link on the right you can click to take you in. Follow this link if you live in Nevada.
Simply by choosing the grocery store you want to go to, it takes you to a list of all the items they have in their ad. If it has 4 or 5 stars next to it, it means it's a good deal!
So, we ended up spending $153.04 and saved $93.80! Wowsers. I coulda saved more, but I am not quite ready to use coupons.
Trents favorite purchase: Pork spareribs... the HUGE ones. Seven bucks each.
I thought I would also share this website with you, Restaurant.com.
This is Trent and I's secret weapon to living like kings. We have used the site many many times. Basically, you do a search by zipcode or state and it pulls up all the restaurants in your area that you can purchase the giftcards to. You get a $10 gc for $3, a $25 gc for $10, and then they have a big one, but I can't remember what it is. Just so you know, the Melting Pot is on there! So you can really save some cash.
Also, you really will never actually spend $10 on a $25 gc cause once or twice a week they send you codes to get an additional 50 to 80% off. So that means, I usually buy a $25 gc for $3!!
What's the catch, you ask? For a $25 gc, you have to spend at least $35 at the restaurant. But, I mean, come on, your getting a $35 meal for $13! Also, you can only use one, you can't double em up, even if you are splitting the bill... DUH.
Your Welcome.

3 people gave their 2 cents:

Sheena said...

wow! i am really going to have to try this coupon thing out. I've checked out the giftcards site before, but never used it! I guess it's time...I've always wanted to try the Melting Pot.
THanks!

Angela said...

I have just recently gotten into using coupons (only here and there) and was overwhelmed at first, BUT matching coupons with sales and good deals make for saving so much MULA! I have been buying diapers and wipes galore at $3-5 off when they are on sale - those suckers are so expensive! SuperTarget accepts coupons from coupons.com - they have some really good ones on there pretty often.

Congrats on stocking up!

Adventures in Healing said...

Look at you go girl!
I'm so happy I found your blog!
Let me know if you want to have a class, or if any of your friends do. It's so easy!