Thursday, October 2, 2008

I LOVE HALLOWEEN!!

I love Halloween time, I thought I would be trick or treating forever but since meeting Trent I haven't gone (yeah that's right, I went when I was 19, laugh all you want...) I just love it! I will use the excuse of "taking my kids trick or treating" someday and nobody will question it even though it will secretly be for me! Mwauhhahahaha! I just love the 2nd half of the year cause I feel like a kid again, all the feelings from childhood come back and you know there is something special coming up. I love dressing up to, I will surprise you with what we are going to be. And by surprise I mean I will get really excited as each day passes and end up posting about it by the end of this week!! The Nightmare Before Christmas holds a special place in Trent and My's (is that proper english?) hearts. I like this one, the song is catchy-ish... Now sit back and I will tell you a (ghost) story...
Once upon a time, in a town kinda far away depending on where you live, named Moab, there was a girl named Cherie and a boy named Trent falling in love. Each day they couldn't wait to get off of work to see each other. Oh the fun times they would have... midnight hikes and swims, camping, bike rides, boozing... But one night, Cherie wanted to catch a bullfrog on the golf course, it was looking pretty stormy but wasn't raining yet so she caught her bullfrog and they headed back to the car... It was pretty windy by now. Crazy, scary windy and thundering. As they drove back into town the lightning and thunder starting getting closer together and they knew a rainstorm was afoot. But, being so in love as they were, they were not ready to call it a night, so they decided to head up a canyon and see if there were any waterfalls from the rain. As they headed up the canyon they realized that it wasn't raining on this side of Moab, only on the other side of the cliffs. They head up a hill to gain elevation. They park the car and sit down on Trents bouldering pad on the hood. Trent turns on appropriate music, no, not Barry Manilow or Marvin Gaye or Frank Sinatra, Cherie and Trent have a very special relationship. They turned on the soundtrack to The Nightmare Before Christmas. With the lightning lighting up the silhouettes of the red rock cliffs and the thunder clapping to the beat, there was magic in the air... and they knew they would be together forever... the end.

1 people gave their 2 cents:

Sheena said...

Your blog totally cracks me up! You are super cute...and a super cute couple! I also love Halloween, even though I never dress up! I totally agree...this half of the year just makes you feel like a kid again! I added your blog to my list of favs (hope that is okay) cause I love to read it! Have a great weekend!
-Sheena Perry