Monday, June 1, 2009

Can I really do it?

I have decided to try and blog every single day of June... I have just been lazy lately with the posts. Also, then maybe every blog won't be about being pregnant. It's just that the other stuff I used to blog about doesn't seem so important anymore.
But I do have one question:

Should I be attending a Lamaze class or should I sign up for one?
Please tell me if you did or didn't take one and if you think it made a difference.
Also, if you have any suggestions as to what to I should blog about, or what you would like to hear more of, let me know.

7 people gave their 2 cents:

Judkins family said...

I went to a childbirth prep class at the hospital I delivered at, but it really wasn't necessary. I planned in having an epidural, so it was no concern. But it did help me feel more prepared by taking that class. And I've had a hard time with blogging ever since I got pregnant, and it IS the most important thing! Wait til she's here! It's all you'll want to talk about! and it's an excellent subject. read my cousin's if you need ideas, she's a fantastic blogger! she's listed on my blog. Kristi

Adventures in Healing said...

Every day for a month is a pretty lofty goal...

As for your question, I'd say it depends on your plans. I'm pretty sure you said you're getting an epidural which I would say makes it less of a neccessity. HOWEVER, it doesn't always work and it sure is nice to have that stuff fall back on. I have had 2 not work (though one did at the very last second). I didn't take actual lamaze classes but did take a single day birthing class at the hospital. That was perfect. It went over breathing, various options, and then all the extra icky and other stuff that people just don't usually tell you. My friend didn't make it to one (Centennial doesn't do them very often) and so she had me tell her EVERYTHING, which was a bit awkward for me but she said it was really good for her.

Anonymous said...

I didn't take one and I felt just fine about it. Then again, I did end up having a c-section. If you are concerned about it, then take it just to feel more prepared. And people that I've talked to that have taken them have said it was great to have the husband there too.

Ashy Pants said...

I went to a birthing class when I was pregnant with Mia and I rather enjoyed it ... My mom swears I went cause they served the best cookies I had ever had but its ws educational . If you are feeling nervous about childbirth and whats going to happen , then go it couldnt hurt

Lexie@BookBug said...

I would totally recommend it. And contrary to what most people think, Lamaze classes are not just for people who don't want an epidural. We only did a few breathing exercises. Mostly, we went over the entire pregnancy, birth, and after you have the baby. It was really informative to know what to expect. Also, it was great for Shane because he hadn't been reading about pregnancy and babies as much as I had.

kara said...

I just finished my class and it was so lame! They didn't teach me a thing...everything they taught I had read up on online! So my advice is to get a good book or just research all your questions online and save your money!

Angela said...

I just signed up for the general childbirth class - more for the first-time parent experience than for the actual details they will be going over. Plus I want a tour of the hospital I will be at so I feel a bit more prepared. I figure, if anything, it will be a fun bonding experience for Nathan and I to attend!